The pancreas is an important organ responsible for many processes. This organ is responsible for producing enzymes that are necessary for normal digestion of food. In addition, the pancreas is responsible for producing insulin. If it does not start working at full strength, then diabetes mellitus can occur.
Pancreatic disease in medicine is called pancreatitis. In such a disease, the iron becomes inflamed and the person needs to take measures to restore and heal the organs. Drug treatment is used for this purpose and a diet for pancreatitis is needed, a menu for each day.
Nutritional features for pancreatitis and inflammation
Inflammation of the pancreas is most often associated with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. They are the main cause of organ dysfunction. If there is a reason for inflammation of the gland, then it is necessary to normalize the normal production of enzymes, otherwise it can start the mechanism of "self-digestion", which can become a threat to human life and health.
What should be the diet for pancreatitis
Diet for pancreatitis, the approximate menu for a week will directly depend on what form it has.
The first thing to remember is that for any form of pancreatic disease you need to go on a starvation diet for 3 to 5 days. Thanks to such a diet, it will be possible to unload this organ and try to alleviate the inflammatory process. During such a diet, you can drink small amounts of mineral water without gases. You can drink a maximum of 4-5 glasses a day. If desired, water can be replaced with natural juices, but only with the consent of a doctor.
If pancreatitis has an acute form, then you need to undergo a course of treatment and then live and eat as usual. But despite that, you will have to sit on a starvation diet for a week and the same amount of time on a diet that excludes the use of fatty, fried, spicy, salty foods. To make the recovery faster, it will be possible to use the approximate diet menu according to Table 5.
The diet for acute pancreatitis should consist of:
- Breakfast. It must necessarily consist of oatmeal, biscuit biscuits and egg white omelettes.
- The menu can consist of fresh cheese, which has a low percentage of fatty, dairy drink.
- Lunch can consist of vegetable stews, cooked fish or meat, fruit puree or you can drink fresh juice. If you drink juice, then it is best to do it just before drinking, so that all the vitamins and minerals are preserved in it. Juice can be made from apples, bananas. It is not necessary to make orange juices, as they are considered heavy on the stomach.
- Dinner can consist of fish meatballs, vegetable puree, dried fruit compote (apples, pears, apricots). You can also cook boiled potatoes with chicken.
In chronic pancreatitis, the pancreas gradually begins to degenerate. In this case, the diet may not be as strict, but it must be followed. The diet will consist in the fact that the person will need to remove from the diet everything that will cause the production of a large number of enzymes.
Sample menu for a week with pancreatic disease
For the pancreas to function normally, doctors usually recommend a diet of at least 1 month. The diet for chronic pancreatitis in adults will be the complete removal of all unhealthy foods from the diet, replacing the useful. Such a diet can alleviate inflammation and forget about pancreatitis for a long time.
Menus that can be cooked all week:
- Breakfast. It can consist of oatmeal cooked in water. If desired, add a little milk at the end of cooking. Mashed rice porridge on water. Carrot puree with boiled fish. You can also make mashed potatoes with boiled fish.
- The second breakfastcan consist of apple souffle, jelly, calcined cottage cheese, carrot pudding.
- Lunchcan consist of meatballs, steamed protein omelette, steamed fish loaf, mashed potatoes and boiled chicken.
- At noonthe menu may consist of steamed omelettes, vegetable soup in porridge.
- For dinneryou can cook boiled potatoes with fish or chicken, steamed omelette, steamed fresh cheese souffle.
Despite the fact that the diet for pancreatitis is very strict, it is very important not to forget to drink not too strong tea, drink compote, mineral water without gases. Among other things, with pancreatitis, you need to eat bread (200 grams) and sugar (30 grams) every day, which can be used in the preparation of certain dishes.
It is very important that the sample menu is small but frequent. In addition, the food you eat must be warm and fresh. It is very important that every week, every day, a person eats hot meals.
Dietary and nutritional recommendations for pancreatic diseases and inflammation
If you want, you can make the menu for pancreatic pancreatitis for a week varied and delicious, even from a small amount of product. People who have pancreatic problems should include the following foods in their menu:
- Yesterday's wheat bread, biscuit biscuits. You cannot eat fresh bread, because it is considered baking, and it negatively affects the state of health during the deterioration. You can eat a maximum of 200-250 grams of such bread a day.
- Steamed, cooked, roasted meat. It is very important that the meat is dietary, like chicken or rabbit. You can also use lean beef.
- Lean fish. It should also be cooked or steamed.
- In pancreatitis it is important to eat fresh cheese, it is desirable that it has a pasty consistency.
- Porridges that will have a higher viscosity, for example, oatmeal, semolina, buckwheat, rice, will all help with inflammation.
- Don’t forget vegetables and fruits. Of course, you can’t eat them raw, but you can cook, bake or stew them. It is very important to eat cauliflower puree.
- For first courses it is best to use secondary stocks. The meat from which the soup was prepared is best consumed in crushed form, so that it is digested faster and better.
- You can make a casserole that will consist of cottage cheese and pasta. It should be steamed, this is especially important when this organ is inflamed.
- It is necessary to eat protein omelets, because they contain many essential substances and minerals that are necessary for the normal functioning of the body. In addition, proteins during inflammation help to cope with the disease faster.
When cooking food, add oil after the meal is done. The fact is that the human body needs fats, so it is impossible to completely eliminate them. The amount of oil that can be added to food per day should not exceed 50 grams. If for any reason you see that treatment and diet for a diseased liver and pancreas are not helping, you should consult a doctor who will correct the treatment and tell you what to remove from the menu.